UE Code : IL3-AT-MONO Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
Third year of Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
0.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To gain of knowledge of anatomy, physiology, feeding/nutrition, controlling reproduction, growth and production.
- To be able to analyze the functioning of an animal production workshop, conduct a diagnostic of livestock production and make recommendations for improvement.
- Species studied: Hog, fowl, rabbit
- Anatomy, physiology, feed/nutrition, controlling reproduction and growth
- Observation of livestock farming/breeder practices in the field
- Testing recommendations in theory and practice, analysis
- Operation of an animal husbandry workshop, livestock production diagnostic
- Recommending solutions to improve the operation of inefficient workshops and design new breeding farms.
Teaching methods :
- Classes, Seminar (TP) by professors and professionals in the field in common core material and as an option
- Study visits to companies linked to livestock production/animal husbandry and research laboratories
- Training on the research and review of bibliographical documents.