UE Code : IM1-SSOL-ESP Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
First year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
10.50 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To expand cultural and socio-political knowledge about Spanish-speaking countries.
- To learn about and know how to use the field of visual arts (vocabulary related to cultural heritage, cinematic vocabulary, etc.)
- To know how to describe, discuss and form arguments, express your ideas
- To make comments on and evaluate a Spanish film in its original language version. Study the historic context of the film: The Spanish period of democratic transition and the concept of "historical memory".
- To stimulate student's ability to be creative when speaking
Two subjects will be covered:
1) UNESCO World Heritage
2) Film workshop on the Spanish film "La Isla Mínima" (2014), directed by Alberto Rodríguez.
Teaching methods :
6 sessions 1 hr 30 mins each with two 3-week periods (with a different topic for each one)
Classes carried out in workshop format with active student participation
Speakers: Inés Muñoz Serra (Group 1), Evangelina Martinelli-Salle (Group 2)
Written Assessment 1 hr 30 mins (on two of the topics being studied)