UE Code : IM1-SSOL-ALL Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
First year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
13.60 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To expand cultural knowledge about German-speaking countries.
- To gain an awareness of forms of expression used in cinematography and theater, verbal and non-verbal.
- To learn the vocabulary related to an artistic field (music) and a specific social context (prison environment).
- To learn about the specific characteristics of various language types (conversational, formal, informal, popular/”jargon”, etc.).
- To know how to expressions of emotion.
Two subjects will be covered:
1) Film workshop on “VierMinuten”, directed by Chris Kraus
2) Theater/acting workshop
Teaching methods :
6 sessions 1 hr 30 mins each with two 3-week periods (with a different topic for each one)
Classes carried out in workshop format with active student participation
Speaker: Alexander Kämmer
Journalistic writing assessment + Theatrical presentation (oral) lasting 4 to 10 minutes in pairs