UE Code : IM1-FCAA-OC Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
First year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
69.50 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To be able to" identify" data, determine their priorities/put them in hierarchical order, and use appropriate processing methods (descriptive and/or explanatory methods).
- To be able to process large-scale charts.
- To be able to describe and interpret results obtained with various statistics softwares capable.
- To be able to use a few statistic softwares partially.
- To be able to understand the mathematical foundations of the used methods.
- General knowledge (the different types of variables, charts, encoding)
- Distances (similarity and dissimilarity indexes, known distances )
- Descriptive methods: statistical tests , factorial methods (Principal Component Analysis, Correcpondance Analysis, Multiple Correspondance Analysis)
- Classification methods (AHC and other methods)
- Explanatory methods : Segmentation - Multiple linear regression
Linear algebrae - Simple linear regression.
Teaching methods :
alternation of lectures - tutorials - practicals / case study / use of Statbox, Question, Statlab software
- 1 individual written exam (coef 2)
- 1 "case study" report (coef 1)