UE Code : IM1-ERE-EJF-S8-NIV1 Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
First year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
27.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
To give an awareness to future engineers and executive of the issues and constraints linked to the financial and legal environment in which farming and agri-food businesses evolve, so that they will be prepared:
- To identify the risks and opportunities
- To integrate them into an analysis and decision-making process.
- To know how to identify the required knowledge/skills and resources and to integrate them into the management of operations.
Financial / Market Environment
Introduction to international finance / finance & agricultural markets
Accounting balances in an open economy
The currency exchange market (actors, international monetary system, exchange rate and exchange rate regime, interest rate and exchange rate)
Causes and consequences of raw material price instability.
Business and its Legal Environment:
* Sources of Law (commercial) – Typology - Terminology -
* Introduction to contract law: Negotiation (conducting, running and closing of the talks), construction (disposition, birth / life / death of relatives, final contract provisions):
* European Food Law / regulation
* Introduction to corporate taxation
Teaching methods :
Lectures (CM) (faculty professors, guest speakers)
In-class Exam – Legal - Financial