UE Code : IM2-IED-TM Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
Second year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
150.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
Effective integration of the environment into land-planning processes and development of economic activities (industrial and agricultural) requires a strong ability to link up ecological and technological aspects, but also economic and social factors.
• To expand knowledge of technical aspects concerning the management of water, energy, waste, natural environment and pollution.
• To know how to approach environmental issues on a regional scale (i.e.: watershed, natural landscapes).
• To be able, in a specific context, to formulate and compare preventative and curative solutions to reduce the environmental impact.
•To acquire the methods which are essential to managing an assignment or a project.
•To understand the points of view of various actors on an environmental issue and to know how to integrate them into the decision-making process.
• Businesses : Methods, strategies for sustainable development: Challenges, technical solutions and environmental management; impact on the region and environment; development of regional agricultural value chains and resources
• Question the sustainability of production activities for non-agricultural goods and services : How can we observe / qualify the sustainability on scale of a farm but also of a region
• Agriculture’s contribution to environmental projects in suburban areas : Challenges, planning and regional management
Training provided by FESIA schools (Federation of Graduate Schools of Engineering in Agriculture)
Teaching methods :
Lectures (CM), with Accompanied Work (TA ) to prepare interventions,
Several field trips
Outside guest speakers