UE Code : IM2-METVIN-ET Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
Second year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
160.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To be able to fill a complicated order, from business management professionals in the field, or from wine production development organizations
- To be able to analyze demand, define an approach that is well adapted to the study, gather data, interpret results and make appropriate recommendations.
- To know how to give a written or oral summary, the content of a study, during a discussion
Students get an order from an external organisation. They choose and adjust an investigation and observation tool which is appropriate to the specificity of the request.
( In 2002, Audit of the Touraine wine production area)
Students work in groups of 6-9 and spend about a week in the field according to the request. Then they analyse and interpret the gathered data under the supervision of the UP teachers.
Another group carries out a market survey and consumer test, then establishes recommendations concerning the product and marketing positioning with regard to consumers, under the supervision of teachers.
Students draft an investigation report and make an oral presentation of their findings before the partner.
- An excellent working knowledge of the English and French languages in order to be able to understand a class and its supporting material in French or in English and to be able to express oneself and be understood both in writing and when speaking, individually and in groups, in English and in French.
- Basic understanding of marketing and sociology (i.e. IFI seminars and preparatory module DNM Vintage)
Teaching methods :
Participative teaching approach: To meet professional requirements students are active participants in their own learning process with the guidance of the professors.
Each work group is evaluated on the Oral Report of the study results in the presence of business partners and a written group report.