UE Code : IM2-LV-PT Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
Second year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
449.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To become proficient in the main zootechnical aspects of milk and meat production and the factors of quality variation for these two products and master the main aspects of transformation of livestock meat and milk.
- To be able to make the connection between production in the strict sense of the word and the operation of value chains.
- General aspects of dairy production and livestock production.
- Variable factors in the quality of milk during production.
- Variable factors in the quality of meat during production.
- Genetic selection of livestock breeds..
- A technical and economic study of 2 livestock value chains ; depends on year of study : Types of beef, swine, fowl, rabbit.
- Transformation of muscle into meat..
- Cutting beef or “beef cut”.
- Cheese and butter production.
- Quality and industrial use of milk.
- Health, welfare, nutrition and reproduction of domesticated livestock.
- Excellent understanding of the basics of biochemistry, the foundation of zootechnical reasoning.
Teaching methods :
- Classes, Seminars (TD), Practical Work (TP) by professors and outside specialists
- Field Trips : Livestock farms, slaughter houses, dairy farms, large and medium-sized retailers.
- Meat cutting internship.
- Bibliographical Study
- Written Exam.