UE Code : IM2-CIP-CP Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering / Bachelor and Master of Science in Engineering
Second year of Master of Science in Engineering
Total Hours :
200.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
The course Unit Code (UE) aims to train agricultural and food (agri-food) business managers qualified in the development of new food products, on a small scale, while meeting product specifications. It is built around specific projects ordered by food businesses, seeking to implement innovation and development projects for a range of products. Students and the faculty team act as a design office to carry out the project to a successful conclusion.
This Unite Code (UE) is further developed by the UE “Pilot Production of a Food Product” (IM2-CIP-PP), which covers the industrial approach to implementing new products.
Both the UE 2 courses train engineers in the sectors of R&D, production and quality control departments, to name a few.
- Design a food product on a small scale.
- Food product innovation
- Food additives and processing aids
- Specific process (depending on the projects being studied)
- Preparation and packaging
- Quality : Characterization, traceability, quality control
- Environmental impact of the industrial business: Standards, product life cycle, etc.
- Production engineering tools : Product management, statistical “data plans”, information and decision support systems
- Food Science (biochemistry, chemistry, applied microbiology)
- Process Technology
- Physicochemical, biochemical, sensorial analysis Tools
Teaching methods :
- Classes - Practical Work – Field Trips
- Study carried out in cooperation with an engineering firm or an outside industrial partner in teams of 5-6 students.
- 1 Written group report
- 1 Individual Oral Examination (Defense) in front of a jury
- 1 Individual grade for participation in the project