UE Code : LPMVT-UE1-ANGG Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Vocational Bachelors / Bachelor of International marketing and sales of wines
International marketing and sales of wines
Total Hours :
28.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
To reach the language proficiency level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
To gain the language skills required for your future professional career
To be able:
- To understand figures related to professional contexts and make them clearly understood.
- To understand others and express yourself clearly on how businesses operate. (Situational case studies of work-related communication between businesses).
- To speak about the business world with the appropriate vocabulary.
- To speak and write about your business internship.
- To speak about your field of specialization using the appropriate vocabulary.
- Practice understanding figures: Graphs, percentages, email addresses, websites, etc.
- Speak about figures and statements about various types of graphs.
- Study business to business communications: Schematic diagram showing a business relationship from a Request For Quote (RFQ) to a warranty claim.
- Prepare to give an oral examination (defense) on your business internship: Learn vocabulary specific to your field, practice speaking skills and use techniques for giving effective presentations: In other words, how to behave and interact.
- Improve grammar skills level to language proficiency level B2 by means of a self-study grammar program.
Minimum CEFR Language Proficiency Level B1
Teaching methods :
In accordance with CEFR requirements:
- Priority given to speaking and conversation.
- Prerequisites aimed at self-managed apprenticeships via the self-study grammar program.
- Progress measured with regular progress checks.
- Coursework during the 1st Semester takes place in groups organized by language skill level.
- Strong emphasis on professional contexts with the objective of giving students the tools needed for their professional lives.
Regular Progress Checks
S1 = Written Exam
S2 = Case Study Dossier + Oral Exam