UE Code : LPMVT-UE2-INFO Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Vocational Bachelors / Bachelor of International marketing and sales of wines
International marketing and sales of wines
Total Hours :
18.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To become proficient using the office software program Pack Office.
- To learn how to put together a thesis-type document using advanced Excel features to develop a file which is easy to manage and modify.
- To learn how to use tools adapted to sending paper-based mail from a list of contacts that is pre-established or that can be set up with a spreadsheet.
- To know how to use basic and advanced spreadsheet features.
- To be able to create a slide presentation on a specific subject and for a determined and limited time using PowerPoint.
For data processing, mostly with Microsoft® Word, be able to:
- Format paragraphs, set up page layouts, insert images, create tables with web hyperlinks and work on related data processing.
- Work on using and applying the outline mode to create a database with a determined structure.
- Use the direct mail feature
For spreadsheets, work using Microsoft® Excel to:
- Present a spreadsheet and use simple math calculation features between spreadsheet cells.
- Connect different spreadsheets or files using the "copy / paste with link" features to automate changes..
- Create different types of graphs depending on a type of problem: Simple bar graph, 2D graph, 3D graph or graphs made with mathematical functions
- Insert logical functions, statistical functions, mathematic functions and the creation of complex functions as follows:
- Use dynamic cross-reference tables to manage multiple source data locations which can then be linked and from which data can be extracted.
- Optimize quantitative parameters according to constraints of a specific problem.
- Work on creating and running macros.
- Insert images and hypertext links or linked fields
Use presentation software: Microsoft® PowerPoint 2003 to do the following:
- Describe a slide and slide creation and page layout / formatting tools
- Insert images, animation, sounds.
- Control how long (seconds/minutes) each slide is shown
- Recommend ways to create slides
Be familiar with the basic structure of a PC.
Teaching methods :
Coursework is spread out over seven seminars (TD) which last 2 hours each and are held in the computer labs at ESA.
Students must create a business management software program for a wine seller. Students must make an oral report of this software program showing its effectiveness in carrying out commercial operations.
A project on a specific case study which the students must complete using specifications to create a software program which meets the specified requirements.
Evaluation of this software case study is done in a 20 minute oral report and examination describing the software program students have designed and a document which describes the specifications and description / instructions delivered with the software program.
A multiple choice test with approximately 40 questions, lasting about 2 hours and covering a general understanding of office automation and techniques for implementing and effectively using the software programs studied.