UE Code : LPCMVT-UE4-V Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Vocational Bachelors / Bachelor of International marketing and sales of wines
International marketing and sales of wines
Total Hours :
0.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
• To become familiar with the basics of plant physiology in order to apply it to grapevine cultivation.
• To understand crop management
I Become familiar with the basics of biology and plant physiology
1. Historical Aspect = History of grape growing
2. Morphological Aspect = Leaves, stems, roots, inflorescence
3. Botanical Aspect = Grapevines as plants, grape varieties and root stock
4. Physiological Aspect = Photosynthesis, the development of grapevines and grape production.
II Become familiar with the grapevine cycle in order to understand crop management
1. Physiological Aspect = Plant and reproductive development cycles
2. Biochemical Aspect = Modification during grape berry maturation
3. Relationships with abiotic factors = Plant, soil, climate
4. Relationships with biotic factors (pathogens) = Impact on cultivation techniques
III Become familiar with and understand the main types of crop management.
1. Using the grapevine development cycle:
2. Various types of crop management = In organic, integrated and conventional farming.
3. Describe and analyze a crop management plan in the technical case study dossier
Teaching methods :
The viticulture seminar is given in Semester 1 with a written exam in January
In the second Semester, viticulture is assessed by means of a technical case study dossier created as a group.
Lectures, Seminar on grapevine morphology, field trips to vineyard “domains”
Professors: Sandrine Travier (University of Caen Normandie – Science Research UFR) and Béatrice Taillée (Montreuil-Bellay High School)
Seminars given in the first Semester
Case Study Dossier + Oral Exam + In-Class Exam