UE Code : IM2-MI-MKI Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Master of Science / Master International agribusiness
First year of the Master International agribusiness
Total Hours :
68.50 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
To understand the dynamics and foundations of the internationalization strategy of businesses (agribusiness and the Agri-Food Industries - AFI)
To Analyze / Diagnose
* acquire the keys to understanding how to build a methodology for analyzing business environment and the capacity for internationalization of the business.
* carry out a diagnosis in an uncertain and complex environment (multidimensional, intercultural)
* analyze market opportunities and risks – prioritize - forecast
To Develop / Construct
* construct an international strategy (corporate, marketing/ sales, marketing/ purchasing, etc.) : Modes of market entry, strategic marketing, etc.
To Implement / Execute
* understand requirements related to management of common international operations
* acquire essential technical basics in order to be able to identify risks and apply resources required to ensure objectives are met.
International Business Strategies
Analysis / Diagnostics
-External Environment - Internal Diagnostics - Export Diagnostics
-Screening markets- Market Study & Analysis
Creation / Development of an International Strategy: Modes of entry, marketing strategy (B to B sales, purchases), etc.
Implementation: Techniques of International Business / Management of international operations
INCOTERMS, export operations, funding operations
• Marketing:IL2-GE2 MARK ; IL3- SHLADM3-MARK ; IL3-MAFIL
• Financial Management & Analysis : IL2-GE1 ; IL2-GE2 ; IL3-SHLADM3-GES
• Economics : IL3 -CONEC
Teaching methods :
Classes : Permanent teaching staff and professional guest speakers
Group work – project management (TA)
Case Study – Negotiation simulations: Purchasing, contracts (TD)
Study Project: Give a report - oral