UE Code : ABM2-MFE-MFE Academic year : 2016-2017
Information on the course unit
Program / Education :
Master of Science / Master International agribusiness
Second year of the Master International agribusiness
Total Hours :
750.00 (Hours of teaching + individual study)
- To undertake work experience, solving a problem put forward by a firm.
- To be able to tackle a specific issue, while taking the scientific, technical, strategic and
human aspects into account.
- To define a problem. To make a diagnosis. To develop and put forward solutions. To be
involved in their implementation
- work placement has to provide for intercultural experience
- Insertion into a firm or organisation
- Problem analysis - project management
- Data analysis - synthesis - solutions for making a decision
- See detailed descriptive card on MFE (final thesis) (chapter on "work placements")
- Internship project has to be validated by head of master to make sure it will fulfill Master
level requirement, prior to any placement
- no internship contract can be issued without this preliminary validation
- Project has to be written according to guidelines provided by the master programme
(guidelines are available from master’s assistant)
Teaching methods :
Work placement in a firm - personal work
Six months work.
Three items will be evaluated for 1/3 each: 1) written report – 2) oral presentation in front of a
jury 3) fulfilled work and personal behaviour in the firm. A minimum of 10/20 must be
obtained on each of the items to validate this semester.